Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Final Part 1

              Last year I was going home with my sister and my two friends. Before we were waiting at the bus stop where the incident happened, we ate at a pizza place. The pizza place was called Little Caesars. When we entered there was a smell of pizza. We ordered a large pepperoni pizza for 5 dollars and four small drinks. We got sprite and coke for the drinks. After we were done eating, we were looking around K-Mart for a few minutes. We bought some chips at K-Mart and finished eating it on our way out. We decided it was time to go, so we headed towards the bus stop in front of the store Ross.
              While we were waiting, it was very hot. My sister moved her hair out of her neck, however while she did that there was a homeless woman behind her. The homeless woman wasn't even near my sister, but started telling my sister that she should apologize to her for putting her hair in her face. The woman said, "Hey stop putting your god damn hair in my face." My sister and the rest of us were confused to who she was talking to because we weren't even near her. Even those around us were confused. When my sister asked her, "Are you talking to me?" The woman replied, "Yes! Who else?" My sister said, "I'm not even near you, what are you talking about?" The woman started throwing a fit about how the wind and how my sister was removing hair from her neck was bring the hair to her face.
              The woman then started to say, "You better move your behind, or else I'll move it for you." I was really angry but I didn't do anything because she was a homeless woman and she probably had a mental problem which is why she thinks my sister put her hair in her face. However, my sister on the other hand didn't take that she was going to move her behind very well. My sister replied saying, "If you even touch me, there is going to be problems. You can try to touch me but we're going to have problems then." My friends and I were shocked about what my twin sister said because the woman was just a homeless person and she probably had mental problems. The woman started to mumble some stuff I couldn't make out.
               The bus started to come. We were getting ready to get on the bus, getting our money out and bus cards. There was one thing that made me very, very angry at what the homeless woman said. Before we were going on the bus, the homeless woman screamed, "Go back to China, where you came from, you don't belong here!" This made me angry, I completely forgot about the fact she was homeless and probably had mental problems. I was going to turn around, but this man was kind enough and blocked my way and told me to just get on the bus. There was another woman there and I think she got very angry because she screamed at the homeless woman saying, "Shut up!" When we got on the bus, we were all baffled at what she said to us. There were many reasons why I was angry because I wasn't Chinese nor I wasn't born out of states. I was born in the United States and I was Korean, so who was she to say those things? She wasn't even from the United States either because she African American. What she said also attacked her. I just didn't understand why she resorted to racist comments. Now days we still see her at the same bus stop, so we avoid that bus stop to avoid trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment